Let's Make A Difference.Volunteer Policy
Spectrum of Solutions’ policy is that all persons interested in volunteer status at Spectrum of Solutions will adhere to Spectrum of Solutions Volunteer Policy. All volunteers will be subject to categorization in order to ensure appropriate training and a clear definition of their responsibilities. Application and training requirements for each categorization is as follows:
LEVEL I VOLUNTEER
Volunteers who are working for Spectrum of Solutions, but do not expect, or intend to have contact with the individuals Spectrum of Solutions supports, will be considered Level I volunteers. Examples would be serving on the board of directors, or perhaps doing landscaping for the organization. A Level I volunteer would be required to submit an application and pass a background check.
LEVEL II VOLUNTEER
Volunteers considered to be Level II would be those people that have minimal incidental contact with Spectrum of Solutions consumers such as doing a Bingo Night or participating in a group outing. Level II volunteers would never have total responsibility for the welfare of the individuals served. A Level II volunteer would be required to submit an application, criminal history disclosure form if applicable, have a background check, and Abuse & Neglect training.
LEVEL III VOLUNTEER
Volunteers who assume responsibility for the welfare of someone served by Spectrum of Solutions will be considered Level III volunteers and required to take all appropriate training before assuming that responsibility. This includes but not limited to a background check and an acceptance and understanding of the confidentiality policy. A Level III volunteer would be required to submit an application, criminal history disclosure form if applicable, have a background check, Abuse & Neglect training and complete all applicable Volunteer Training.
Spectrum of Solutions will provide a thorough orientation to new volunteers in regard to Spectrum of Solutions programs in which they participate. Volunteer orientation will include, but is not limited to:
- Volunteer Policy
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements
- Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation reporting procedures
- Alcohol and Drug Policy
- Use of alcohol and/or illegal drugs during Spectrum of Solutions sponsored activities and trips is strictly prohibited
- Initial orientation regarding rules and volunteer responsibilities. New volunteers will be scheduled to volunteer with seasoned volunteers until they are competent and comfortable with their volunteer responsibilities
- Spectrum of Solutions volunteers will be assisted by facility staff and administrative/leisure time activities staff on other outings
- Individual orientation for volunteers who participate in the leisure time activities program, i.e. vacation trips, hunting and/or fishing/camping trips, etc. will be provided. Minor children of volunteers will not be allowed to go on outings or trips unless the child is old enough to be a volunteer.
Spectrum of Solutions will provide telephone numbers for Spectrum of Solutions administrator-on-call, program staff, and Spectrum of Solutions Executive Director for use in any emergency situation or when the volunteer feels uncomfortable with any person or situation. Volunteers may contact the state directly if they feel they need to do so. ICF/MR Reporting Number: 1-800-498-9858; HCS Reporting Number: 1-800-647-7418.
Spectrum of Solutions encourages volunteers to report any staff misconduct or lack of staff support to Spectrum of Solutions’ Executive Director.
Join our mission.
Volunteer, Donate, Advocate.
Get Started Today!
Call Anytime: (432) 695-9901
SPECTRUM OF SOLUTIONS
2701 N. A Street
Midland, TX 79705
CHILDREN’S THERAPY CENTER
(432) 695-9913 | Therapies
2409 W. Illinois Street, Ste D
Midland, TX 79701
(432) 695-6682 | Psychology Services
2409 W. Illinois Street, Ste C
Midland, TX 79701
1101 South Street
Midland, TX 79701